Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Running: Washington, DC

So, I managed to get on a pretty sweet run this morning with my dad from our hotel to all those beautiful monuments around DC. Ended up with an enjoyable 4 mile run at a 7:30 pace average.

You know, I expected the outside air temperature to be unbearably hot, a la Hong Kong weather and humidity. Luckily, even with such a bright sun beating down on me, I never really did get overheated. Big plus!

Afterwards we had brunch in the cutest little coffee shop on a corner of the street and set off on the biggest adventure of our lives!

Okay. No, we didn't. We still did get to see the different memorials all over the place, sans the reflective pool and getting up to the top of the Washington Monument. Two of the most awesome things, and I didn't get to do them.

On a side note, I was thoroughly convinced by the evolution exhibit in the Museum of Natural History. I never realized there was this much research and archaeology backing up that theory of evolution.

On a different side note, I went out to "The Prime Rib" steakhouse, and I had - you got it - the signature dish, the prime rib. It was ridiculously good. Cooked to absolute perfection, and you can taste it in every bite.

 That was a really shitty DC overview, but there.

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment